Thursday, October 18, 2007

room 408

you know how the idea of a long weekend makes one high with bliss - especially working people like me, since it's one of the very few vacations we get. well, i thought last thursday would be fun due to the 3-day rest ahead, but instead i found myself sobbing while walking along the halls of st. luke's, being watched by other patients who were probably wondering what disease i just learned i have. or not.

well i hate to disappoint, but i won't announce what it was. all i can say is that i needed to undergo surgery, and unfortunately it's not lipo (which would've totally worked to my advantage), as daniel had guessed. so there i was back at st. luke's friday afternoon, waited and wailed at the ER for what seemed like forever, just to be admitted, since there were no rooms available at that time. after 4 grueling hours of waiting, we finally got one, and i had my first shot at riding a wheelchair. =D

i was confined for 4 days, which was also a first by the way... or second, if that one night i spent in the hospital for throwing up because i ate penoy before dinner from when i was 5 counts. (i even remember my brother telling me to get well so we can watch sleeping beauty when i get home - how could i forget, it was one of the rare occasions he was nice to me!) anyway, despite missing the long weekend and not being able to go anywhere else, those 4 days turned out to be quite good - i guess more than the operation, i needed those 4 days to think out what has happened to me lately.


i know i've become a worse version of myself since i got out of UP - these new experiences have somehow made me "slip away". i remember telling anne how i've become worldly, and that's just not the kind of person i'd like to be. luckily, "life has a funny way of helping you out when you think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up in your face." and it was this operation which kind of woke me up, and it's not even because i thought i might die. but rather its being a major turning point for me. well, let's just say it's helped me clear my head and made me want to resolve my issues. :D


and then there are these recurring thoughts on marriage. haha :D i often joked about it with my friends, that i'd want to settle down soon for the lamest of reasons, but whatever. it's one of the best things that could happen to you, don't you think? :D well, i remember a priest saying why wait/postpone getting married if the only thing that keeps you from doing it is money/financial stability, or something like that. then when anne and her mom visited me just before i was brought to the OR, her mom said she would prefer to have grandchildren when she's still strong (and hence, not that old). then i dreamt of stephen colletti (probably because i keep seeing his ex in this neutrogena commercial) and brooke from OTH so i decided to do a one tree hill dvd marathon - and i could just melt watching nathan and haley and their high school marriage drama. *sigh*

also, this experience has made me realize yet again how blessed i am - especially with the friends i have. i'm really grateful to have these friends who kept checking on me and who'd go out of their way to visit me in the hospital, bring me some goodies and most importantly, include me in their prayers. i love you guys. <3


extraspecial thanks to the guy who kept watch on me for 3 nights while i was recuperating from my operation. i know i haven't given you enough recognition for all the things you did and are willing to do for me, so thanks. even with all the shenanigans that happened to us, you're still the guy i'd love to be with for "some coffee, or drinks, or dinner, or a movie... for as long as we both shall live." i love you always, all ways. :)

on a more lighter note, i've been watching a lot of teenick while i was confined (no disney channel, bummer), and i'd just have to say chase from zoey 101 is so cute! :D why does the guy-friend-secretly-crushing-on-the-lead-character always have a mop of curly hair? well, i just noticed a pattern: gordo from lizzie mcguire and this chase guy. anyway, i like them both. :P
well that's it. i could only wish my next operation is just as enlightening. =D